1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best Thanksgiving dish you ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

And that refers to food, not a woman you drunkenly slobbered all over on Turkey Day.

I had a bacon-themed menu all prepared for a mini-Thanksgiving at my parents house this weekend. It appears I have been watching way too much "Iron Chef." My ideas were summarily shot down by my mother about an hour ago. Apparently there is an ongoing cholesterol problem in America.

So, I must start over in my menu design, but I would like this to be somewhat creative. Oh, and I would like to stay away from Turkey since it will be overplayed next week.

A little help would be much appreciated. A favorite dish? A creative dish? A good main dish that does not include turkey? And, please, nothing that involves green beans out of respect for my father. He is "allergic" to them.

Thank you in advance!

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had deep fried Turducken at a restaurant down south. Holy shit it was amazing...

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I feel you. Australia sounds more fun than Turkey, anyway.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think you should bring a monster-sized Turducken (you can order them online for about $75) and bring a side of Lipitor.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

This will be the first Thanksgiving dinner I have ever planned and executed. If I attempt to cook a Turducken, very, very bad things will happen. Like death and shit.

I would absolutely love to try a Turducken, however.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

As a side offering, I was considering breast milk mashed potatoes.

7. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

As much as I would have liked a romantic liaison on Thanksgiving (which has never happened) I knew you meant food Care Bear. I am not much into turkey, so I would say stuffing. One of my faves and I try to only have it on Thanksgiving.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Fuck. Took me five minutes to find my mistake.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving is not the time to think about cholesterol. And we usually have ham at Thanksgiving, instead of turkey.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm seemingly never off the clock.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Cornish hen with a bottle of Scotch, 1995.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I agree, Wenders, but my mom rules with an iron oven mitt.

Anyone prepared Cornish Hens before? I like them, but I've never cooked with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted