1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Best Quotes You Couldn't Use

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by OneMoreRead, Jul 17, 2006.

1. ummm, KnightHawk, am i missing something or what? Bison Dele's quote makes sense to me from a guy on a losing team.........

My contribution:

D-II football coach, after a stunning loss.

"I don't know what the fuck to do except go home and fuck my wife or shit in my hat. And I'd rather go shit in my hat right now."

Same guy, same game:

"My fucking quarterback could air it out a little fucking more if he wasn't banging his girlfriend more than i wish he would."

we couldn't get that shit in the paper, but we sure did love that coach.............

2. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Hard-ass female volleyball coach on her girls team that fell apart at the end of a match and lost:

"They gotta go balls to the wall and they couldn't."

3. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Major-league lefty reliever Steve Kline, who shit the bed on a day it was probably 120 degrees on the field. Sweating profusely, couldn't get a grip on the ball:

"It was so hot, it was like two mice fuck-wording in a wool sock."

Still makes me laugh.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

From a friend who interviewed a football coach preparing to face a school exclusively for deaf kids:

"I've got to be honest, we're going into this game blind."

5. PCL playoff game. Rick Lancelotti has two doubles, a homer, something like 5 or 6 RBI. Opposing manager Ed Nottle is asked about him:
    "What do you want me to say about Lancelotti? He just ripped our fucking tits off."
    Sorta fell apart after you cleaned it up

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

A friend sent me this one awhile back:

“When it is your time of the month, swing a lighter bat,” Ralph Raymond, Coach, New England Riptides and former USA Olympic Coach.

7. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

My co-worker in Florida got this one from a football coach who was in charge of the area's worst football team. At one point, they had 17 folks left out of an original 26 on the roster.

"I don't know if this is hell, but I can sure see it from here."

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I once covered a HS football game where the winning team scored two touchdowns on trick plays and escaped with a one-point win when the other team missed a field goal in the last few seconds. The winning coach said, "We were luckier than a man with two dicks."

Another game, different coach, his team just lost and he's talking about the game. All of a sudden he's looking over at the team bus, which just pulled up in an area it shouldn't have been in, and he just goes, "Well, we didn't play well tonight. We made a lot of ... awww, what the fuck is that stupid bus driver doing there!?

9. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

Maybe, but I'd never mention in a story that Joe Secondbase didn't too a great job or could have scored more because he was grossly overweight. This girl was a terrific softball player who just happened to be teetering near 300 pounds. She could do an amazing split when needed at first base too.

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

That visual just made me gag.

11. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

This one cracked me up, with tears, for about 11 minutes.

12. e4

e4 Member

you could have used that.... there's nothing sexual about "balls"... it's a phrase from navy pilots pushing their fighter jets to full throttle, with the ball of the throttle stick being pushed all the way to the front and hitting the wall of the plane's console.... thus balls to the wall

Draft saved Draft deleted