1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Best of The Fallout Shelter (well, sorta ...)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxer, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Anyone knows the league name and password, PM me or post it here, please
    Thx

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Actually I wanted to spend the time to build a better fallout shelter for any SportsJournalists.commers who decided to show up -- IJAG, Bubbler, 21, you, Boom, whoever. The people who were there were the people who either found the link on the old shelter or heard about it from others and chose to be there. The fact that some people were there and the Snobby Elitist Division of the NIAFL was not there is not my fault and I choose not to apologize for things that are not my fault --- I don't have their e-mail addresses1, I don't know who they (or you) are offline and quite frankly I don't spend my spare time worrying about it. Sandy I am not. Nearly anybody2 would have been welcomed with open arms and a tall, cold mug of Sam Adams, Guinness or Yuengling.

And if that is a problem for you, then quite frankly, you can fuck off.

And that is exactly why I did what I did. Hokie, I'm sorry that provides such a problem for you.

1I can count the SportsJournalists.commers whose names I know on one hand. That includes Jones and casty. I can count the SportsJournalists.commers I've actually met with only my right thumb.
    2One person was proactively banned, not that I expected Sandy that person to show up.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I heard about the shelter while at 31 Flavors getting my dose of 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream drowning in a boatload of hot fudge.

I don't think I properly thanked 2much for his efforts.

So, 2much, thank you. I didn't live the sheltered life as much as I do here, but when I did make company with y'all good folk I had a jolly good time.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

You, and everybody else, are quite welcome. As Double J said, it was a chance to keep the community (or some portion of it, anyway) going and I was happy to do it.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I just said it was boring, and your response is to say fuck off? OK, that tells me all I need to know. Just a little criticism of the content of the site, not of you. Trust me, I wasn't losing any sleep over it. Just made a comment.

Have a fine day.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Actually, what you said was that I "wanted to spend the time to build a fallout shelter for the chat room people on this board," as if I somehow intentionally excluded you and the "cool people," whoever they might be. That was never the plan at all. It was for pretty much anybody who knew about it and wanted to show up to hang out while we waited for Douglas and Webby to finish renovating over here. So take the holier-than-thou crap and flush it.

May the bluebird of happiness leave a surprise in your orange juice.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't know how the 'Snobby Elitist' NIAFL got dragged into this, but I didn't get the impression that Cosmo was attacking or criticizing you in any way, coffeeman.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I knew where the old fallout shelter was on my old computer -- I had it bookmarked. But on the new computer, I had no clue where to look for the old or new ones. So I missed out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted