1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Best of The Fallout Shelter (well, sorta ...)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxer, Aug 26, 2006.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

As we bid adieu to our recent temporary accommodations -- graciously provided by 2muchcoffeeman -- and return to a semblance of normalcy in our otherwise chaotic lives, it behooves us to gather a few souvenirs of our sojourn, however brief, as a reminder to what once was (and, God forbid, may again be).

To wit, the Top 10 threads from Too Much Coffee Man's SportsJournalist.com Fallout Shelter (which comes complete with spiffy logo by Football_Bat). The rankings are based solely on the number of responses:

1. Help me get to Jr. Member (carrie, 108 replies)
    2. Posters you'd like in the fallout shelter ASAP (wicked, 96 replies)
    3. The SportsJournalists.com All-Stars (The Good Doctor, 83 replies)
    4. Welcome to the new improved fallout shelter (2muchcoffeeman, 78 replies)
    5. Ask Not Drunk BubblerJV ... (BubblerJV, 60 replies)
    6. Girls Club! (hot guy pics) (imjustagirl, 58 replies)
    7. New update from the mother ship (2muchcoffeeman, 42 replies)
    8. Listen up SportsJournalists.commers!! (rosie, 40 replies)
    9. It's a crappy fallout shelter, Charlie Brown (The Good Doctor, 38 replies)
    10. The Royals Officially Suck Part II (angola, 36 replies)

In addition, there were several threads that appeared headed for greatness only to be cut short by the return of our permanent abode. I therefore make the motion that all threads deemed worthy be transplanted to this location in order that they be nurtured and given the opportunity to reach full fruition that, given time, might have occured naturally in the place of their births.

Be it so moved.

Second?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

P.S.: I didn't waste time gathering anything from the original emergency quarters just because that dungeon was so depressing I never want to go back.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I second the motion, Mr. Chairman. :D

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm just missing those two glorious days in which I had the most posts and left dooley in the dust.

RIP, fakeIJAG's 129 posts (or however many)...

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is that like choosing which of the episodes of "Bob Patterson" (starring Jason Alexander) were the best before it was quickly yanked off the air?

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fallout shelter = seriously lame. There was not one thread worth looking at over there, which is why I split after five minutes.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Did you come to the NEW fallout shelter, though?

Or just that crappy black and yellow one?

EDIT: just looked. You never registered at 2mcm's fallout shelter, which is the one this thread is about.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I remember, vaguely, posting at the fallout shelter. Can't be sure, though. I may have been taking English classes with COCKDIAN.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I registered under a different name, looked for five minutes and left.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ah.

Well I, for one, appreciate the work 2mcm did on his own time to build us a fucking site.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

What's the fallout shelter?

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wasn't a rip on 2mcm. If he wanted to spend the time to build a fallout shelter for the chat room people on this board, then more power to him. I'm just going to stop there.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

http://sjstormshelter.proboards86.com/index.cgi

Draft saved Draft deleted