1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best newspaper error I've found in a long time

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SEC Guy, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember the 15 corrections moving on the wire within seconds...

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Mods, could we maybe take this down considering this error was made by one of our board members? He probably feels bad enough and doesn't need this a few threads below his own thread.

3. Mizzougrad96

Why? It's a minor error. A funny one, but a minor one.

4. danhawks

danhawks Member

This is perhaps an example why you try not to lede with weather...

5. Mizzougrad96

The notion that we should lock a thread because one of our own made a mistake and feels bad about it is absurd.

There isn't a person here who hasn't made a mistake that has them feeling like crap the next day. It might not be as memorable as this one and it might not be so funny that it gets emailed out to everyone you know, but we've all been there.

Remember this mistake forever, so you don't make the next one. I'm guessing the next gamer will get another couple proofreads before you send it in and that's never a bad thing, for any of us.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well we already had a thread about it. That's all. Combine the two or remove one, no point to have both.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.