1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best movie of the year... I still can't believe it...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just saw an advance screening of Michael Moore's "Sicko"

It's a masterpiece. Maybe the best documentary ever and that's from a republican who hated Moore after Fahrenheit 9/11...

It really makes you think and is remarkably balanced.

Go see it...

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Saw a story on yahoo.com that Cuba is glad to see its healthcare system shown in this film. Should be interesting to see.

3. Mizzougrad96

It's just nice to see one of Moore's movies where he's going against everybody, rather than just railing after the president...

It's been a few years since I saw Bowling for Columbine, but after first viewing, I think this one is better...

4. Mizzougrad96

There's a scene in the film where it's explained that the only U.S. territory with free health care is at Guatanamo Bay...

There's also a scene where a woman who has to pay $120 for asthma medication in the US, pays a nickel for it in Cuba...

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Because Cuba is such a great place and we should model ourselves after them. Not that there aren't problems, with out health system, but I don't think Cuba is the place to look.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the film, but I think the point is that Cuba isn't a great place but still has better health care.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

that's what i'm thinking, too.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You clearly need to see a doctor.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I might see it, but I hate that fat commie douchebag so much. He could be doing a documentary about the 1991 Braves and I would still have a hard time watching.

10. Gold

Gold Active Member

But does he have health insurance coverage... :)

11. I don't think he's advocating that. The point is that it is definitely a shitty place to live, and damn, shouldn't we be better than THAT?

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What he said.

Draft saved Draft deleted