1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best hour on television...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Sep 29, 2006.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

At least once a week you've got to have the "Beautiful Babes, or Guys In Disguise?" episode. We actually place bets in the newsroom to see who can correctly identify which are men and which are women. The winner is frequently the only one to get more than 50% right, which is scary.

"Dat's a dude, Maury! He got hisself a Adam Apple!"

2. No wonder I had trouble getting dates in middle school. Not only was I scrawny but all the girls in my class were dating 40-year-olds.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I really don't know why NBC doesn't just start a series based on nabbing Internet pedophiles. That's essentially what Dateline has become at this point anyway.

Just go ahead and take the plunge. Get a bunch of cameramen, change the locale each week and let Chris Hansen purr his way to a certain Emmy award.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

The best hr ever would be Dateline setting up at the page's house and nabbing Rep Foley. Added pts for the respected congressman parking the speaker's car outside--the old wrestling coach would profess he has no recollection of giving him the keys.

YHS, etc

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I heard a radio spot for the show, and swear to god, they call it "Dateline Predators". That's what they call it.

And October 13's episode features my own back yard, Wardlow Park in Long Beach, where I play softball in the summer. Nice! When they did the sting a couple weeks ago, they caught a guy they already nabbed a couple years ago in one of these.

Draft saved Draft deleted