1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best British movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 6, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Danny Boyle is from England, not Scotland.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it was filmed in Scotland and features all Scottish characters.

Danny Boyle directed 127 Hours, too. That's not considered British, is it?

Just wondering what the criteria is.

3. "If It's Not Scottish, It's Crap!!!"

Double Down likes this.
  4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Very true. Holy Grail is a personal favorite, but Life of Brian is probably the better, cohesive film (except for that part where he is abducted by aliens) that had more of a message.

But damn, do I love a movie that ends with all of the actors being arrested before they can stage the final battle.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I saw Life of Brian first, and couldn't wait to see Holy Grail. Was really disappointed.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Was glad to see A Hard Day's Night on there. Fun romp, and actually holds up with time.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I like dags.

[​IMG]

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If it's Scottish, it's British too. Kind of like Andy Murray only when he wins.

10. FYI ... Deep Water is on Netflix on-line.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Commitments might be my fave British movie. Just brilliant.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I saw Holy Grail first, then Life of Brian, and loved them both. But I can see why you'd feel that way.

And, moose costumes.

Draft saved Draft deleted