1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best and worst commercials of all time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Philosopher, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

They need to bring back the GEICO lizard because the Planet of the Apes spots are freaking me out.

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I don't know if you know this, but ABC is putting out a show based on the Cavemen commercials. I put the over/under until cancellation at two episodes.

3. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

This one is fake, but it's a hilarious parody of local commercials

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

TorontoSportsJournalists.commers of a certain vintage will remember the awesome spots by local carpet god Phil Givner (who drowned some years ago) which were so brilliantly parodied by SCTV. No luck on YouTube....

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I saw the Filet 'O Fish commercial on TV, as well. I thought it was very funny. I laughed more at that McDonald's commercial than I had any other.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Slate's ad guy hates the Filet o' Fish......

http://www.slate.com/id/2171623/nav/tap3/

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I always like the Budweiser lizards (Louie and Frank, right?). I was always partial to the Iggy commercials from Budweiser. Remember, the crazy dude stranded on a deserted island? Iggy was cool.

Hardee's commericials have always sucked. I never understood why they tried to pass off their food as studly when their logo is a stupid smiling star. Although the milk shake commercial, while strange, was pretty funny. ( http://www.thefranchisemall.com/media/articles/10077/ )

Another commercial I absolutely hated: The Century 21 ad when the young family walks into this couple's house and says they're buying the house, even though it's not for sale. Dad sends the kids upstairs to pick out their bedrooms, and they tell the couple that they should come over for dinner after they buy the house. The one guy should have taken a baseball bat to that guy's mouth.

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

I'm nominate one for the best. The monkey commercial during the 2004 Super Bowl, for an investment company. The monkey is sitting in a lawn chair in a driveway with two guys. The monkey jumps down and punches the button on a boombox and starts dancing. About 20 seconds later, a message scrawls across the screen, "We just wasted 2 million dollars, what are you going to do with your money." I almost fell off the couch laughing so hard.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

This one?

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Ding fries are done.

11. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

This one was horrendous. And so realistic too. If you live in Boston's western suburbs, these are the people you see all over the place:

Draft saved Draft deleted