1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Beatles- itunes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Nov 19, 2010.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Every released album. The Red and Blue Albums. Past Masters(?)
    itunes is selling the boxed set of every Beatles song from studio albums plus the 1st US Concert. $149.00- sounds like a great deal.

Can I buy it, and burn copies to CD?

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, but double-check that it's really a good deal first.

iTunes has the albums for $12.99 each. Amazon has the remastered CDs for $7.99 each.

The box set is $130 on Amazon.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's free on the bit torrent sites. :D

(Ducks).

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Also, you could just wear a bulky jacket in Best Buy.

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

IMO, this is more like Steve Jobs saying "in the battle of Apple v. Apple Corps, there can be only one, and that one is ME."

Seriously, who doesn't have the Beatles on their hard drives? While it's doing well on the iTunes charts, it seems to be for the fanbois who buy every new and enhanced version of the LOTR trilogy when they come out on dvd.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Give My Regards to Broad Street doesn't count as Beatles. Try again.

7. dieditor

dieditor Member

It would be for fanboys (of which I am including myself here) if they offered anything unreleased. There are a few things you can only find on bootlegs, or even the infamous "Carnival of Light" that should have been put out here, if for no other reason than to get extra money from the fanboys. I've long since ripped everything off the remastered CDs, so they didn't get a dime from me.

8. dooley_womack1

Well, not all of us have had the old-school Napster or trolled the torrent sites. I'll be looking forward to a Christmas gift card to pick off some of my faves.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Beatles Anthologies, Vol.s 1-3 are interesting, rough takes, laughing in the middle. Not great if you want the music, but cool nonetheless. For some reason I have Vol.s 1 & 3

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

HA! (in 3000 point type)

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

A lot of music is now "shared" without the use of p2p. Rapidshare, megaupload and the like handle all of that now.

12. dooley_womack1

The following quote:

Becomes this when translated by Dooleyfish:

Draft saved Draft deleted