1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Beaten to a Pulp of Greenwich Village

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20090128/people-rourke/

April 5th... BTW that's also the title of a wonderful song by Rosanne Cash, Kris Kristofferson and Elvis Costello

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Rourke is used to getting his behind kicked like a mule. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he cut a finger off or something weird like that many moons ago?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So Rourke pissed off a star WWE wrestler and vows to wrestle the angry grappler for real at a big pay-per-view event?

Sounds almost too good to be true.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

(NSFW profanity, put on the headphones)

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Rourke might have just cost himself an Oscar. I think the Academy Awards voters might be turned off by this move.

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

Or that he might be dating Evan Rachel Wood.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Exactly what I thought.

That and this is exactly the type of behavior that knocked him out of Hollywood for the better part of two decades. He's never struck me as the type of guy who is going to learn from his mistakes.

See you in Marlboro Man II, Mickey.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If people can do Regis and Kelly, they can do Wrestlemania. And if it's good enough for Liberace, Morton Downey Jr. and Pete Rose, then goddammit, it's good enough for Mickey Rourke.

If he loses the award over this, then it shows how completely out of touch the Academy is (not to be confused with the band). It's an award for how good the actor is in a movie, not whether you think he's a quality person by your standards. OMG THE GUY WHO ACTED LIKE A WRESTLER IN THE MOVIE IS GOING TO ACT LIKE A WRESTLER ON A WRESTLING SHOW WHAT WILL WE DOOOOOOOOOOOOO? Fail.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey, I agree. But Jim Carrey could summon a performance better than anything Orson Welles, Jimmy Stewart and Marlon Brando had ever put together combined and he still woudn't win the Oscar b/c he talked out of his ass once.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

If anybody counts on the Academy to do anything other than operate as a promotional instrument, like all other "awards" shows, they are kidding themselves.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hey, Robin Williams played the failest Popeye of all time, and he won ... well, just the one. But it was a really sucky Popeye!

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This guy needs an intervention, not a night at the Oscars.

Draft saved Draft deleted