1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The battle for the premier league title

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Nicole Lartey, Oct 28, 2018.

?

Which team do you support and who do you think will win the Premier League?

1. Chelsea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Liverpool

20.0%
  3. Manchester United

20.0%
  4. Manchester City

20.0%
  5. Arsenal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Tottenham

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

40.0%
  1. Nicole Lartey

Nicole Lartey New Member

epl.jpg epl.jpg
    It has been an exciting 10 weeks watching the good, bad and ugly of the premier league, but the battle for the title continues as Liverpool now top the table with 26 points. Manchester city, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal continue to fight for the top four spot with a game tomorrow and Monday as The blues take on Burnley and with Arsenal looking to extend their 11 game unbeaten run away at Crystal Palace while City and Spurs go head to head to claim points this week. It has only been 10 weeks of intense and exciting football, but the fight for top spot still continues. Manchester United remain in 10th place after a draw at Stamford bridge two weeks ago and look set to face Everton at home at Old Trafford. Could this be a turn around for Jose and his men? Liverpool are now 12 points clear off the Red devils and now top the premier league table as it stands.​

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Man U will be extremely fortunate to make Europa League.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This may as well be an NBC bot considering these are the only teams that ever make it onto NBCSN/NBC broadcasts with any regularity.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Well, these are the ones at the top of the table every year to be fair. Once in a while you get an interloper like Leicester or Burnley last year. But mostly it’s the Big Six.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I mean, I get that ... but it's also the same argument people use with the NHL and NBC. If you only ever show the Caps/Hawks/Bruins/Rangers/Penguins/Flyers, it gets tiresome. Watford did make it to NBC once this year (against ManU), so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Draft saved Draft deleted