1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bastard on PTI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Believe me, JW, that whole sordid mess made me wonder who was the pimp, who was the whore, who was the john, and who was the sticky residue left over after whore sex.

I like to think of myself as the penicillin.

2. jcrutchmer

jcrutchmer Guest

Does Whitlock really only have four posts?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think anyone is disputing that DLB is a tremendous talent...

I don't know too many people in this business who like Le Batard. I have several friends at the Herald and I can't even mention DLB's name without someone rolling their eyes or muttering an obscenity under their breath. I've met DLB several times and have always been put off by how he treats those around him...

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

He traded the rest away for future Poster of the Year votes. :D

Not doubting Jones's version of the story at all, but there's not a chance in the world that anyone in print journalism could possibly think Esquire would send a draft version of a story to a TV station for a sneak peek. I am completely willing to believe that the girlfriend went after it on her own.

Either way, that's about as dumb and scummy as it gets.

5. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

he's hoping to be eligible for rookie poster of the year ???

6. i like lebatard. seriously. and if i didn't, i'd just keep my mouth shut. he writes a good column, has a good tv shtick and i've never even heard him talk spit on anyone. and i'm the type to talk spit on people i don't like and try to elicit spit-talking from others.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My dealings with Dan have been few, but very pleasant. I haven't seen any of this asshole, holier than thou stuff. That's not to say it doesn't exist.

Dan is also a member here, a donating member. So this is all a way of me saying that he appears, to me, to be a good guy.

However, so is Jones and that story with the girlfriend is quite sleazy.

8. What's so sleazy about it? Seriously. If the guy thought he was going to get written about based on the testimony of a nutcase like Ricky Williams, what's so freaking sleazy about using his No. 1 to do a little B work? Sounds like S.O.P. to this pimp.

9. Moderator1

She fucking lied.
    That not sleazy in your book?

10. Moddy, maybe she was going to do a TV package, too. Seriously. I just respect a woman who is woman enough to look out for her man's best interest by any means necessary. (And ladies don't start tripping because I said what every man wants.)

Ride or die, Moddy. Ride or die.

11. Moderator1

I don't know how it works at your paper, but if we lie or misrepresent ourself to get information we could (and probably will) get canned.

I assume TV stations work the same way.

Jones should have called and checked to see if they were indeed doing a story. If not - and I'm going to guess not - he should have raised hell and she should have been canned.

Props to her for risking her job for her man.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Maybe Jason, but I still have enough ethics not to lie to another journalist to get something. That's about as sleazy as it gets.

Draft saved Draft deleted