1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bastard on PTI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What the fuck?
    [​IMG]

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I agree with this 100 percent. And, yes, I've worked with Dan.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

One criticism of Dan from yesterday's PTI ... in the discussion on Tiger Woods and the British Open, Wilbon mentions Trevor Immelman and Dan says, "I don't even know who that is." OK, so you're a NATIONAL sports columnist, one who appears on ESPN somewhat regularly and you don't know who Trevor Immelman is? The guy has been all over the leaderboards at what I'd consider major golf tournaments (Wachovia, Byron Nelson, Colonial, Western Open), and you don't know who he is? That's just ignorant and it rubbed me the wrong way. It's your job to know who he is, Dan.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I had the same reaction. But then at least he's only hired help for guys on vacation.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Let's not forget he WON the most recent tournament that ended what, three days ago?

Yeah, you have to know that one.

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Trevor Immelman has never heard of DLB either.

DLB thinks that this golfer is inconsequential because he has never heard of him--that says a lot more about DLB's vision of himself (le roi du sol) about than Immelman as a golfer (who looks like he has a major, maybe British sometime, in him). As much as ignorance is nothing to brag about, there is a festering neo-Knownothingism in the media and, for that matter in politics. If I don't know it, it's not worth knowing. Sigh.

YHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted