1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Baseball Thread Titled IX - play fair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The Cards MVP in the second half is the pitching coach's son.

2. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Nope, it's Pujols.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Duncan has more HRs, better OPS

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

But Pujols' dad could beat up Duncan's dad.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

You mean with help from Alex Rios bobbling a fly ball over the right field fence for a home run, a la Jose Canseco.

6. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

We know Gerald Perry can.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

With Pujols batting behind him and actually playing every day while Duncan sits most of the time against lefties.

Pujols makes a lot of hitters better by being a spot or two behind them in the lineup. See recent seasons of Tony Womack, Mark Grudzielanek and David Eckstein.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Just ask any Cardinals fan who the MVP is. Good grief people, they are the greatest fans in the world, so how hard could it be to ask them?

In all seriousness, right now I'd say Carlos Beltran.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No way. He's helped them maintain a double-digit lead that David Wright led them to. Great numbers, certainly deserves to be in the conversation for top three, but he's not the one.

Whoever makes the playoffs between the Cards (Pujols) and Phillies (Howard) wins it. And if both make it, who knows.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Maybe, but without Beltran, I don't think the Mets are a playoff team. The guy is such a great baseball player and even in New York I don't think he gets the credit he deserves for being one of the game's greatest all-around players.

Think about this outfield in Kansas City right now: David DeJesus, Carlos Beltran, Jermaine Dye. Fuck you David Glass.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You don't want Damon back?

12. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

The MVP ballot should be between Pujols, Berkman and Beltran with Howard in fourth. I'd vote for Pujols, but with his elbow injury, the door is open for Beltran. Berkman has no chance, unfortunately.

Draft saved Draft deleted