1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Baseball Thread Titled IX - play fair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Sure, you can "scatter" 15 hits.

Scatter implies they're spread around. Well, 15 is a lot of spreading around.

I wouldn't use "scatter" for six hits. That's too few to be referring to them in terms of being scattered.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

OK, discussion time:

How many hits qualifies as "scattered?"

Edit: It's "Jake" Westbrook. My mind was scattered for a moment.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Whoop Ass

apply directly to the Cardinals

Whoop Ass

Whoop Ass

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I believe he's also the only guy on the Indians' roster now to have recorded a save.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Really? You guys are fucking serious? I have not and will not see it after watching previews for it, but really, it's entertaining?

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i hadn't heard about it, but it was playing at the theater on my block and my friend had heard good things. so we went to see it and i really, really liked it.

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

How many of us would feel comfortable having Billy Wagner in to save a 3-2 Mets lead in the first round of the playoffs? It doesn't even matter who the opponent (or batter) is.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Casty, he wouldn't be my first choice, but he's ahead of many other closers. Are Mets followers starting to overscruntize their team because with two months left a playoff berth is in the satchel? I call that the "Yanks beat guys from 1998-2000 Effect".

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I would.

But I'm not a Mets fan. ;D

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

spnited, you got your Sports Illustrated yet?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What he said. ;)

12. casty33

casty33 Active Member

As of right now, I would say Wagner is better than Braden Looper but not much better than Armando Benitez or even John Franco.

He makes it very possible for a first round exit from the playoffs for the Wilpons, in my unafiliated opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted