1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Baseball Thread Titled IX - play fair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sox down 7-6 in the final stretches of top-9 against the Cleveland Former Jacobys. If it stays this way, bottom-9 will start off with Papi and Manny. Could be a-interestin'.

2. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Please don't put in Fausto, I am embarrassed for him.

3. Songbird

Announcer: "8 innings tonight for Jason Westbrook. He scattered 15 hits ... "

That's a whole lotta hits to be scattering. That's more scattering that Scatman Carruthers.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Most given up by someone all season. But when you think about what that bullpen has done this week, as long as too many don't score you had to leave him in tonight. Worked for the Tribe, somehow.

5. Songbird

Yeah, Papi and Manny flew out and Mirabelli squonked out. Impressive first-ever save for the guy who got it. Didn't catch his name.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Manny's working on a quiet 18-game hit streak.

7. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

I really enjoyed her book.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Jason Davis, the former starter who's always struggled to find his control.

9. Sometimes the village idiot tells the truth.

The Blue Jays ship does seem to be sinking just like Shea Hillenbrand said it was.

10. Songbird

He found it tonight, Oz, though Manny nearly went opposite-field homer (warning track).

11. Songbird

Westbrook is first pitcher since John Dopson (Red Sox, July 3, 1988) to "scatter" 15 hits and win a game.

I think 15 is just way too many to say "scatter."

You can scatter 6 hits. You can scatter 10 hits, maybe 11. But you can't scatter 15 hits.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Tonight, yes. The next time, maybe not. Perhaps I should have used the word "erratic," which probably best defines him.

Draft saved Draft deleted