1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Baseball Thread Titled IX - play fair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Is there any other sport in which the athletes have such easy access to fire? Verlander got the hot-foot last night. For some reason, I always find that as funny as the players (do). Who's got all the lighters?

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Sounds like Hochevar agreed to a contract with the Royals. Hopefully, Andrew Miller signs next.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I still can't believe a pitcher the caliber of Miller went to the Tigers.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Miller went to the Tigers.

And yea, Overated, he'll sign eventually. I read somewhere that the Tigers were going to let him take a month off or two since he had pitched a ton of innings at Carolina. No baseball, no negotiations, just go out and chill.

Oh and remember Verlander was a late signee too.

5. KYSportsWriter

My bad. I had a brainfart there.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yes, because they have so many lousy pitchers throwing for them now.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I'm not worried at all, I just like to see things get done. They'll eventually pay what they have to, just like they did with Verlander and Maybin.

8. KYSportsWriter

I said Royals at first, Oz, but then realized my mistake. I'm just too lazy to change the entire sentence....

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ye Gods.

I can't think of anything worse than being a Cubs fan right now.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

How about being Vin Diesel's agent?

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Three movies coming out next year, including the big-budget adaptation of the Hitman computer game franchise. Currently shooting the lead role in Babylon AD, adapted from the Maurice Dantec novel. Also scheduled to produce, direct and play the title role in Hannibal the Conqueror, scheduled for a 2008 release. He provided voice talent for an animated movie, too.

Seems like Mr. Diesel's agent ain't hurtin'.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Thanks for the insight, Vin Diesel's agent. What about that straight-to-DVD movie he just came out with? I thought he was supposed to be a $15 million per movie guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted