1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bachelor

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I am posting this as a follow up to some comments on the Grey's Anatomy thread.

I got sucked into watching the Bachelor because my wife and her sisters all watch it and it usually provides me with the ability to unleash my snark while it is on.

For the most part I do not have a problem with the show even if I think it makes women look dumb. This season however I am pretty down on how he and some of the women have used their kids as props to win a freaking game show! As a step parent I find that introducing to his son all these women who "want to be you new mommy!! to be disgusting beyond the pale.

Jason is a putz who should be kicked in the nuts for pimping out his son like he has.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is all you need to know about this show...

It has led to one marriage.

Survivor, The Real World and The Biggest Loser have led to as many or more marriages than The Bachelor.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I watched it for the first time this season, also because of my girlfriend. I've found it to be riveting television.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The families were great last night.

Depression
    Religous whacko and dove mortician
    Dumbass hats
    Private parents who avoid tv and the girls friends.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I called the Canadian chick winning in the first episode.

Next week, apparently they bring back the chick who rejected Jason in The Bachelorette. She asks him for a second chance, and he cries.

6. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I don't think Jason has used Ty at all. In fact, none of the women have actually met Ty and he said in one of the shows that he wasn't ready to introduce Ty to them because he didn't want to bring that into the mix and then have the girl or Ty's heart broken.

If you'll notice, all of the women left say they're ready to have a family, but I can't think of any of them having said they're ready to be Ty's new mommy. Stephanie was as close as anyone to saying that, but she's not on the show anymore. And the single mom's that were on the show, aren't anymore.

The women who are left are all fairly down to earth and appear to understand that while that's a big part of his life, the show isn't "Ty's new mommy" it's "The Bachelor." The crazies who knew everything about Jason and his life seem to be gone.

I really like all of the women left, and I really think this show will lead to a successful marriage, unless the woman he picks isn't being who she says she is.

Deanna was a different case all together. Deanna acted all serious about the relationship, but the guy she chose has even said she wanted it for the spotlight. That in front of cameras, she was someone completely different than in real life.

7. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I've heard that she doesn't ask him for another chance. I've heard something completely different, but believe me, I'm excited about the show. I literally can't wait to see exactly what she says versus how it's been edited. I have been watching this show since Aaron Buerge was the first full season bachelor (2nd, but first guy was like a miniseries)

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Maybe they got me with the editing. So what does she really ask him?

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I would love to be on The Bachelor. These women are mostly hot and almost invariably desperate to get married. I would say something like "First one to take her shirt off gets a rose," and just keep raising the stakes from there.

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

He introduced Deanna to the son last year. I thought he did the same this year but stand corrected.

I still think he pimps the son by having him on TV.

Don't get me started on how wrong I think Jon and Kate are.

11. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I've actually heard (through spoiler sites because have I mentioned I'm addicted to the show?) that she asks him not to sleep with any of the girls because she thinks that's what she did wrong. That she isn't asking for him back, but that it's ABC's way of promoting her new show.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I watched a few episodes with the wife....The woman on there with the son (she's from Huntsville, I believe) who was kicked off last week...she was nice, but not even close to hot enough to win. The rest of the girls, while much hotter, are, well, dummies. There's about a 1 percent chance of an actual happy marriage coming from this show.

Buncha skanks. This Jason seems OK, but I still hope he ends up with the skankiest of skanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted