1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The awesomeness that is SciFi

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 29, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So earlier, I was watching SciFi and one of their original movies, which I have dubbed, Sans the Oblivious.
    And I don't think we appreciate the crappy awesomeness of SciFi Movies, they are the best!
    Their special effects are awesome! Perhaps not as good as JDV's myspace flicks. Hahaha, a jar of spaghetti sauce if Big Ragu. Hilarious!
    Anyway, the one I was watching earlier, Sans the Oblivious, started out with George Kennedy get his arm ripped off by an Egyptian god, trapped in the movie set of the Ten Commandments.
    The Freemasons, led by Cecille B. DeMille as played by Homer, I mean Dan Castanella (SP?), built an exact replica of an Egyptian pyramid jail cell in the sand dunes of Mexico as a movie set. Why? I don't know.
    But the best special effect was when one dude got his head cutoff by a runaway bulldozer.
    So his back was turned as a bulldozer went on its five miles per hour rampage, and as everyone was screaming at him, he didn't notice, then when he turns. The bulldozer, moving in slow motion, comes toward him, but while he has the reaction to turn and see what is happening, he doesn't move or duck or anything else to escape the sweet, sweet release that the bulldozer of death brings.
    His head gets whacked off in a spectacular geyser of blood, then the headless body is shown spurting blood, still standing despite not having any visible means of support and then they cut back to the deadly bulldozer and the head is sitting in the basket. Just kind of hanging out.
    The Soup regularly highlights the "best" special effects in the SciFi movies and I'm sure this one will be on next week.
    The other thing about this movie, is that it actually had some decent actors, or at least actors better than a SciFi movie. Plus Moreena Baccarin (SP?) is smoking hot. I wonder if the lure of easy money and the crappy awesomeness has some how become a kind of status statement amongst the Hollywood crowd.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Still not as awesome as JoeyPorsche911.

3. JayFarrar

And I forgot, Jennifer Aniston's dad played the Freemason leader at the end, who sort of saved the day, just as all the other Freemasons from the L.A. chapter rolled up in their Land Rovers.

Behold
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. JayFarrar

If you google JoeyPorsche911, you get 357 hits.
    He has quite fanclub. Even a German contingent.
    Is this German for douchebag?
    gruwelijke zuigpartij
    http://www.anabolicresource.nl/m_271236/mpage_2/printable.htm

Lest we forget
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

My uncle and I (who are both, I assure you, supreme dorks when it comes to TV and movies) have a running gag while flipping through the stations and stopping on SciSchlock: "Hey, it's SciFi! It's GOTTA be good!"

Draft saved Draft deleted