1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Atlantic on Dr. Kermit Gosnell

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Norrin Radd, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Politics, excelsior!

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Do you have kids in school?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Did you cover Sandy Hook or Aurora?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes I do.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The purposeful ignorance on this thread is astounding, although it's obvious Dooley started responding to a story he knew nothing about. In his defense.

Big picture, though, some newborns were murdered, but if an NFL player comes out as gay, it more than makes up for it. #allisrightintheliberaluniverse

6. YankeeFan

Here's the thread from two years ago on the subject:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/81673/

Of course, it made people uncomfortable, so it was shut down.

So, it's not surprising that the media still doesn't want to talk about it.

7. So you're the judge of who gets to post?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I read it. You getting the politics in while you still can, I guess. Whatever floats your boat.

9. YankeeFan

There are facts in evidence. If you're not going to acknowledge those facts, how can we have an informed discussion?

The doctor is accused of murdering seven children, born alive. He used the same procedure on a routine basis.

The victims weren't fetuses. They were as alive as you and me. They deserved a chance at life, once born alive.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

There is no fucking way you can totally remove politics from something like this, as I said already. But I asked a legitimate journalistic question which you are apparently incapable of answering or unwilling to answer. Do you believe some stories are too horrifying to cover, and if so, where is the line drawn? You can continue to misrepresent the story as a way of avoiding the question, or you can answer it. Your call.

11. YankeeFan

Sorry, but you're the one who tried to obscure the facts of the case -- for political purposes.

12. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.