1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Athletic keeps growing .......

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fran Curci, Feb 3, 2018.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The longer this goes, the more they seem like everyone else, including the Maven bros.

2. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

The emphasis on subscriptions is not new and has been a core part of The Athletic since Day 1. Some reporters chase clicks; Athletic reporters chase subscriptions. I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

The story quota has gone up a bit, which has caused some discontent among reporters and has resulted in some "cheaper" posts, but I don't think the majority of readers have noticed. (And some may even prefer some shorter, more digestible stories). Of course the more "home runs" you hit, the less they'll be worried about your story count or anything else.

3. Nicki Jhabvala leaving the Athletic's Broncos beat to cover the Skins for WaPo, is the word.

PaperClip529 likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Did not see that one coming. And she’s been getting I would presumed paid for multiple hits on the big Denver sports radio station. Has been in more than hip deep in the Broncos ownership disaster. I suspect the front office is happy she won’t be around anymore.

Good move for her. Likely saw writing on the wall.

Draft saved Draft deleted