1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Athletic keeps growing .......

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fran Curci, Feb 3, 2018.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Matt seems like a good guy and he landed a prestigious job. Let's hope for the best just as I hope to hit the lottery jackpot.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I still have no idea what Michael Lombardi brings to the table. He takes plenty off it.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He should be sending Belichick a cut from the multiple outlets that pay him, since working with the Pats seems to be his primary and secondary calling card.

Deskgrunt50 and wicked like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Wonder if Belichick knows what a clown the guy is, or if he finds him useful when trying to push the whole Patriots Way BS narrative. Suppose it could be both.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

holy shit...

I mean, I don't claim to know Jonah very well, but this seems wildly out of character. Just goes to show you don't really know what goes on behind closed doors. Awful for his wife and child.

As part of his bail conditions he cannot be within 250 metres of his wife or child, cannot carry weapons, and was given ten days to get his possessions out of his home.

Court documents state the alleged attacks against Keri's wife took place in July 2018, May 2019, and July 2019.​

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm stunned by this. Hope his wife and child are okay.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

9. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

To a degree that's true.

But there should be a way to package saving "taxpayers millions of dollars" into something people want to read.

10. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Dirtybird, are you a suit? Just curious. If not forgive me. It's just that his/her post was totally on the spot. You say there should be a way to package that story into something people want to read?? Really? In this day and age of Millennials not giving a bleep about reading news articles and the following generation whatever it's called? They are going to read that story?? Yeah right. There's no way to package that saving taxpayers money story into something people want to read over some clickbait thing about "top ten reasons bikinis are skimpier this summer."

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Agreed, but “numbers stories” (at least at our place) usually do horribly re: engagement and traffic.

Draft saved Draft deleted