1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The argument for Mike Bacsik

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jakewriter82, Nov 16, 2007.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/magazine/specials/sportsman/2007/11/07/jenkins.bascik/index.html

He has no shot in hell to win SI's SOY, but it's an enjoyable read by Jenkins with some thoughtful points.
    I wonder what his take on Bonds' indictment is. If Bonds' record is scratched from the books, a big IF at this point, Bascik's name will be taken out of the historybooks.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The only way the record gets taken away is if somebody, likely A-Rod, breaks it. Even if Selig thinks the record should be taken away, he'd never have the guts to do it.

3. The Mitchell Report has no value to me if they don't point the finger at Selig, Fehr, owners, GMs, coaches, and team doctors for allowing this tohappen. I hate Bonds but a part of me feels he's being singled out while hundreds of other people took drugs or looked the other way.

If Bonds lied, why did it take years for the gov't to prove the case to a grand jury.

Waste of $$$

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bill Clinton wholeheartedly agrees with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted