1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Areas of My Expertise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Oct 2, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So the guy from the Daily Show, John Hodgman, (he's the PC guy in the PC-Mac commercials) has a book out called "The Areas of My Expertise" and it made me think about mine.

The areas of my expertise: Football, Star Trek (actually, most of what Sci-Fi shows), cartoons, comic books, politics (state and national), alt-country music and the business of healthcare. More knowledge than I will ever need on how to layout pages in InDesign, Quark and DTI.

Please feel free to post your own.

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Sorority sisters and baseball

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Brook Jacoby, stalking, being fiscally stupid, making bad decisions, They Might Be Giants and Jay-Z's lips.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Procrastination, remembering meaningless information, NFL draft, being fiscally stupid (same here, IJAG), eating wings, not shaving, Pittsburgh Pirates minor league system.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Baseball, bartending, architecture and building renovation, urban design, and manscaping.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ritual animal killings, theft and origami.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Hockey, Caddyshack/Slap Shot/Breaking Away movie lines, Yahoo Literati, rooting for teams with no chance of winning (If the Rockies win 63 games each year, that's another year they don't lose 100 -- and they haven't yet), Rush (music group) and being a guitarist and drummer who never plays out of tune.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I don't know what this is and I think that makes me happy.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I have too much to bother manscaping [/dago looser]. :D

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

The Beatles, Charles Bukowski, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", the history and roots of punk/grunge, "The Simpsons" and drinking beer.

11. Summarizing Proust, golf, strangling small animals, and masturbating.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

Kind of a repeat there, Fenian.

Draft saved Draft deleted