1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Apologist Strikes Again.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Raiders, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Raiders

Raiders Guest

According to Dan Le Batard, Tony Sparano should just shut up and take it.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/09/2006748/dolphins-treat-sparano-like-a.html

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sounds like what the Tea Party says.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

As usual, Dan works from so many ridiculous basic premises, you have to wonder.

Chad Henne is not a legitimate starting NFL quarterback . . . certainly, not at this stage.
    To presume otherwise is taking a considerable length of faith.

You'd almost think Henne attended the U, or some other sainted local institution.

And as for Tony being lucky to have a job in Miami? There are more than twenty major US cities I'd rather live in year-round than Miami . . . easy. Not even close.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Someone should tell Dan that Sparano hasn't said nary a word during all of this. How would he know that Tony was complaining about being dumped for the pretty girl at the prom (Harbaugh).

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I was wanting to see that.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't get it.

Every player basically works under the understanding that "you're only here because we haven't been able to acquire anyone better. The minute we do, you are gone."

Why should a coach be any different?

Draft saved Draft deleted