1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anything Good Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Mar 6, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Early, just the way football season was. Bubs, you are on a roll.

2. jps

jps Active Member

gb, you beat me to it ... actually was thinking of starting this very thing last night. just hadn't gotten around to it this afternoon and then saw it!

(my anything good - what made me thing of the whole thing - came last night, when little jps brought out her little baseball and velcro glove. wanted to play catch. little girl can't catch worth a lick, but she's got an arm for sure. we played catch for probably 45 minutes. good, good times.)

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fixed.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That made me laugh pretty hard.

And I just had the best damn ice cream cone I've ever had in my life. Moose tracks going in. Moose tracks coming out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Good for you, Sheryl. ;)

[​IMG]

6. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I went to a job fair today, and one of the recruiters asked for <i>my</i> help. He's a social worker and a rabbi, but apparently he's always wanted to be a journalist. :eek:

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I don't want this to sound like boasting. I want this to be about sharing, because many of you know I've had some pretty low points in the somewhat recent past. So, I want those of you who are feeling low to know that you can get back on track.

Here goes:

* I'm kicking ass at this job that at times, I've really wondered if I was qualified to do; exec and the college president love the work I'm doing and email me directly to tell me as much.
    * I've met new people in the last year and they've reminded me that playing ball can be fun and not be a constant soap opera.
    * I'm healthier than I've ever been. I'm carrying some weight but, hey, who the hell cares?
    * I'm not only strong physically, I'm so much stronger mentally and emotionally, I amaze myself some days.
    * In the last year, I have rebuilt relationships with my brothers and have realized how important family is.
    * I'm working on my relationship with my mother. Slowly, but surely.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I had a good turkey sandwich for dinner.

9. lono

lono Active Member

Let's see:

Too many to list: Great kids; a wife who's brilliant, funny, loving and a great companion in every sense of the word; a job that I love; friends and family who are wonderful; and 15 fewer pounds than I had Jan. 1.

Life is scary and I make neither predictions nor promises about what could happen tomorrow; all I know is that yesterday and today were great.

And for that I am profoundly thankful. :)

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

A turkey sandwich always makes for a good day.

I got in an argument with a supervisor at work and actually made him say "Yeah, you are right, I'm sorry". That made my month.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying my new cell phone. I've especially enjoyed being able to make phone calls without having to jury rig my phone.

And no, you can't have my cell phone number! :p

12. KG

KG Active Member

I started taking prenatals and folic acid this week, so I can be healthier when I start trying to get pregnant in a few months. You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to finally becoming a mommy.

The weather has also been amazing here. I sat on the swing in the back yard with my dogs today for the entire time while I was reading the paper. I also played a mean game of frisbee with Daisy.

Draft saved Draft deleted