1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anything Good Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Mar 6, 2009.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

After getting a little down from reading some recent posts (feel better, HH; best wishes, F_T), it's time for ANYTHING good. Like, anything. If you found a penny, let us know. If you lost a pound this week, let us know. Keep this friendly and happy, guys and gals, we all need it.

2. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

1) I'm down 32 pounds since Dec. 30.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

It's sunny and 70 degrees here and I'm heading out to go for a run.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I got off early, found a great $2 happy hour at a brewhouse and drove home with my windows down since it was 70 degrees outside today.

Today was a good one. Tomorrow's gonna be even better.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Today, I took a 1:15 break, had a frozen alcoholic beverage and soaked up the sun. I love work.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

For the second gorgeous day in a row I took a four-mile walk. Back to reality tomorrow, but these little respites make the light at the end of the long, harsh winter tunnel get brighter and brighter.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't tuck the little umbrella behind your ear and come back to work. I get in trouble a lot that way.

I have a free weekend with the family, and the weather is supposed to be nice. The youngest also starts Little League baseball practice -- and I don't have to coach!!.

It's all good.

8. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Keep it going guys. Brighter days ahead.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm baking cookies.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Almost 80 here.

Took the old Harley out for a three-hour ride.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I had one of my best workouts ever today. I'm down as much as 15 pounds since last summer. I started with spin class, then lifted for a half hour, and then hit the treadmill for 20 minutes. I was worn the hell out when I got home. But some intense workouts are badly needed these days.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Today is one of the days I love living in Seattle. Absolutely amazing sunny day, still a tad cold, but walking outside seeing the weather put me in a great mood.

Draft saved Draft deleted