1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the anti-Whitlock

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by henryhenry, Oct 26, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The credibility is in the thought, what the point is, how it is presented, how humorous or moving it is. A name doesn't have a damn thing to do with that, "pallister."

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, that's over .500. What more do you want? :)

3. dooley_womack1

Today, that would be a 3-year, $10 million contract right there. 8)

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Stop with the quote marks. Every time this subject comes up, I remind people I'm using my real name. I may not run into anyone on her during the course of my career, or I may already have in the last six months. But the point is that using my name keeps me in check. Many of the anonymous people on here are great reading. Some are just complete assholes. I'm not advocating everyone use their real name. I just think if more people did, thre'd be less disingenuousness, asshattery, etc. and more honest and thoughtul responses on the whole. Would it dull the place down a bit. Certainly, but not as much as some might think. Bottom line is I prefer to attach my name to what I say. Carry on, whoever you may be.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

For the record, dools, I've met him and his name is pallister.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I guess this proves how unfamous I really am. Damn.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Don't forgot to mention the free beer. ;)

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How could I forget. :D

9. dooley_womack1

And apparently his opinion means more than what Sally Jenkins' would if she posted anonymously here. And pallister (OK, no quote marks) surely has deeper thoughts posted on here than those of "Alma." And if you dislike the anonymity, why mess with us inferior rubes?

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I never said an anonymous opinion was better or worse. I just said anonymity breeds characteristics in certain people that are less than admirable. That's proven about every 15 minutes on here.

11. dooley_womack1

I'll grant you BYH; still....

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't have a problem with anonymity per se. The majority don't abuse it. But many do, to the extreme. And that takes away from many of the things that make this place great. Alls I'm saying.

Draft saved Draft deleted