1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The anti-draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Apr 25, 2009.

1. topsheep

topsheep Member

Cold Coca Cola in a can really is better than Coca Cola in a bottle.

2. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Italian Cheese Toast for breakfast this morning. Thanks, IJAG!

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Worked out, did some free-lance work already this AM, two stories of the five are already in the bank. Hot chocolate and toast for brek-brek, and a can of cold Pepsi while writing.

I'll mow the lawn at noon, when it's dry, then have golf cart duty at Little League from 2:30-5 p.m. (radio is packed to listen to Microville Tech's game this afternoon). Micro Jr. has a game at 5:30 and then it's out for burgers and beers with the coach of the other team, who we know.

Won't watch a second of the draft and besides we already know the Lions have just wasted $72 million or whatever. (Like Spnited, those of us from that generation avoid the draft).

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:D

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

All right, dammit ... THIS MEANS WAR!!!!1!!!!!!1!

Ribs DON'T go on the grill. They go in the smoker for several hours, with hickory wood providing the smoke and a good dry rub on the ribs before they go into the smoker.

And Moddy .... that's just inexcusable ... please tell me you're not one of those people who boils a rack of ribs before cooking as well ...

Buncha damned heathens around here ... it's a wonder any of them ever find out about good food ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The girlcat woke me up purring as loudly as she possibly could at 11:30ish. The gym is calling is calling, and I'll eat bran flakes for breakfast (because I'm all healthy and shit) after I've had a couple pots of coffee.

Then I have to clean. I gots people coming to visit tomorrow.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Frosted Flakes are the best. My day is off to a good start.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Old timers boil them and swear by it -- but I do them the way you do because I think they taste better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Why don't they call them Sugar Smacks any more? I mean, there's still Sugar Crisp and Frosted Flakes, so what happened? Did the Sugar Nazis figure that Dig 'Em is just a frog, so he's an easier target than Sugar Bear and Tony the Tiger?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

LIAR!

Well, maybe. But cold Pepsi in a glass bottle owns all.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My cat has taken to his 3 a.m. Howl-and-Prowl constitutional around the apartment again, these days.

He and I would have words, could he hear them.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you want a solid cereal that you can just count on, Raisin Bran. It's not flashy, kind of like a lineman from the Big 10 (sorry I slipped).

Draft saved Draft deleted