1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The anti-draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

For those of you who want a respite from a hyped-up exercise that boils down to someone reading names at a podium, have at it.

Talk about anything the mods will allow: your dog, your sex life, your dog's sex life, your sex life with your dog, anything but the NFL Draft.

I'll start. Has anyone noticed how big the new Lucky Charms boxes are? My wife bought 2 for $5 the other day and they were industrial-sized. When did this happen?

2. It's General Mills trying to take over the world, one gelatinous sugar shape at a time. Thanks for being part of the problem, Bubs.

3. Honey Nut Cheerios start my day.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Honey Bunches of Oats with strawberry is my responsible cereal.

But Gawd damn, do I love Fruity Pebbles.

5. I started my day with sex...with my wife, not my dog.

Then, I discovered we were out of cereal, so I had to settle for a Nutri Grain bar. That was really a come down. I swore we had some Smacks packed away in the back of the cupboard. Seriously, a Nutri Grain bar? I felt so yuppy...like I should be eating it with a protein shake, with the Wall Street Journal tucked under my arm as I headed out to do pseudo-business with a client on the golf course.

Yep, I need to buy some Smacks.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nats' loss should be final about the time the draft begins. That's when we'll take the dogs for a walk.
    I had Life.
    My dogs had Beneful (the older one) and IAMS Large Breed Puppy (the younger one).
    I have ribs in the crock pot.
    It's hot as hell already.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

My dog left me for a fire hydrant. To make a bad story worse, he ate my Pops before walking out the door.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

How long before the Nats overtake Greinke and Santana's combined win total?

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ribs in the crock pot? Jesus. It's 80 degrees outside...fire up the grill!

Had eggs and biscuit and gravy for breakfast. Normally, it's a Nutri-Grain bar at work.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't eat breakfast. My first meal comes around 4 p.m. when I get to work, most days. Today I go in at 2. Early lunch!

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

My puppy woke me up as he always does — by licking my face and sitting on top of the fiancee's head.
    Breakfast was a Coke Zero on the way to a baseball game. Truly shitty game — 12-1 in the top of the fourth.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It's Saturday, which means a break from breakfast cereal.

Hashbrowns and sausage, eggs for the rest of the crew, English muffin with jelly for me.

Soon, time to help Rosebud get ready for prom.

Draft saved Draft deleted