1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The anti-Boldin: Why doesn't ESPN do this story?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twoback, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pallister

pallister Guest

I thought you watched football, Devil. Fitz and A. Johnson are 1-2. Moss is in the Top 5. As for the others. Wayne is very good, and Smith can be explosive at times, but neither is as consistently good as Boldin. Physical cornerbacks can shut down both. I think Calvin Johnson will be an all-time great if he ever gets a decent QB, but one very good year does not put him in Boldin's class. The mention of Houshmandzadeh is just laughable and should get you banned from posting on football threads for at least a week.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Let's see what happens between now and opening day before we put the guy in the Does Things The Right Way Hall of Fame.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

On pure talent, Boldin probably is in the top five. I just don't like bullshit from players, and Boldin seems to bring a little bit of it.

I see Houshmandzadeh play twice a season, and he gets killed, I mean killed year after year going across the middle and keeps coming back, so I'm probably biased towards him.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

You don't like bullshit from players, but you rank Steve Smith on your list? Guy punched out a teammate last training camp. And Houshmandzadeh is good, but he's not much more than a really good possession receiver. And while he takes a lot of shots, the next time he gets his jaw broken and returns at a high level three games later, then we'll talk about toughness.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Quit. Watching. SportsCenter.

That's all you have to do.

6. 93Devil

True, but Moss and T.O. bring it as well.

I'm not talking tough. Yelling at a coach on the sidelines during a playofff game is the BS I'm talking about.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Steve Smith never yells at anyone?

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Shut up or I'll punch you in the face.

9. 93Devil

True.

Ah fuck it, but Boldin in the HOF.

I just do not see the top=five talent when I see Boldin play. I don't see it from Houz either, but I think they are comparable player.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fair point. And let's not forget that Parker publicly questioned about the formations the coaches were calling during the '08 season. He wasn't happy about them putting him in so many single-back sets. That led to Mike Tomlin's comment about walking past five Lombardi Trophies every day at work, not five rushing titles.

I'm not sure I would say Parker is washed up. He looked good in the playoffs. But he's not in Boldin's class. Not any more.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Just wait till you see the coverage when Boldin comes down with swine flu.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Or goes before Congress to testify about the BCS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.