1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Announcement--ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Mar 12, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So help me god, when I saw the thread title, I thought ESPN was going to have an hour special about Peyton's choice.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The moral of the story: if you're real real real real real rich, everything will be fine.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Then the one lady on the show is real, real, real, real, real rich, too. Cause she said she was taking the same meds as Magic. Don't recall her name. Looked to be about mid 40s maybe.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It didn't say so, but it was heavily implied that that was (director) Nelson George's sister.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Jim Gray just had a Brilliant Fucking Idea!!

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm about 30 minutes in. Magic narrating it is ruining it for me. Must be that Michigan State education... :D

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That is his sister.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

BRA-vo.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'll go against the grain here too, but not because it was too empathetic. I just thought the documentary was pretty boring. Riley was great, and I loved seeing the little girl all grown up at the end, but overall it wasn't one of ESPN Films' better efforts. The 30 for 30 on Tim Richmond was far superior, and I barely knew who Tim Richmond was when I watched that one.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I haven't seen all of them, but the Marcus Dupree one might be my favorite. The SMU one was great as well.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Those two, the recount of that June day in 1994 (OJ chase). The NWA-Raiders one. The Colts leaving Baltimore. Larry Holmes. My favorite was the Petrovic-Vlade one.

I'll pass on this one.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

All those, plus The Two Escobars.

Draft saved Draft deleted