1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anna Kournikova of golf ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AgatePage, Jul 29, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Come on, link the second picture, jesus.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I believe they won a couple of slams.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Done. Sorry.

4. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Hanging curveball.

5. glad to see i'm not the only one who takes advantage of every opportunity to run LPGA art. i mean, for real, who would you rather look at? hot babes or old dudes? i'm not going to run LPGA art during a men's major, but i think you get my drift.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

What he said. Gulbis is one of the class acts on the LPGA.

It was a matter of time before Gulbis won a tournament. She's got way, waaay too much game not to win. On top of that, she's had too many close calls -- including an event we did two years ago -- and too many top-10 finishes where eventually all the stars would align for her.

I'm glad they aligned at an event like Evian, which boasts one of the larger paydays on the LPGA.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think Gulbis was No. 1 on the LPGA in birdies last year, so it's not like she didn't have game. She just needed to control her misses more. Good for her.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In other words, she won nothing of significance. In modern pro tennis, only singles matters.

9. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I really like the AP shot of her huggin the trophy with the American flag in the background. It'll be interesting to see how papers played the headlines for this story...Foxsports Australia had "Natalie silences blonde jokes" most other Web heads were pretty generic.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But who is the bigger knockout: Kournikova or Gulbis?

My vote is for Anna.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Ummmm.... You haven't seen the FHM spread, have you? Or the swimsuit calendar?

12. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Or the Danica Patrick of Golf ...

Draft saved Draft deleted