1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Animal House" Culture With the Mavericks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 21, 2018.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Cuban is more like Trump than he’d care to admit. He’s always exuded a somewhat skeevy persona. He absolutely knew.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Barbara!

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If you buy the Mavericks at this point, is Dirk Nowitzki like the old hot tub in the basement the previous owner had installed by cutting out the upstairs flooring? Is he just going to be on your team forever and there's nothing you can do to extricate him?

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Donald Sterling was forced to sell his team over less than this. What are the chances of Cuban being forced out?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Zero chance.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sure there are quite a few who could fill the Dean Wormer role.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The fascinating thing to me is that if the narrative is to be believed, the players had nothing to do with this situation. It reads like they were out on an island somewhere.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That is absolutely not the case.

And no, without anything directly linking Cuban it's not going to force him out.

JC likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

One of the victims said she looked forward to having to be in the locker room because the players treated her better than the guys in the office.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Cuban got fined 600K for some comments relating to tanking. He's not having a great day

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"Mr. Burns, in light of your unbelievable contempt for human life, this court fines you $3 million."

"Smithers, my wallet's in my right front pocket."

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted