1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the ancestry.com site

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Nov 7, 2008.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Not true. I put my fiance in as my wife (we're getting married in May) and started her tree. Her mom was adopted, but I just used her adoptive parents and went back from there. It's not perfect, but in her situation, it worked well just because they are just really her parents, the adoptive part is just a technicality, if that makes sense.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Definitely. Sometimes you just have to make an educated guess based on the information you have. But most of the time you can search many different results to find the one you might need.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

One of the nice things about the Ancestry site is their shoebox feature... if you aren't sure about a record, but you think it might be right, you can put it in the shoebox to hold it to cross reference and check later. Very helpful.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I love genealogy. I wouldn't be surprised to find that I'm related to half of SportsJournalists.com Nation. Both sides of my maternal grandfather's family go all the way back to 1600s New England, and I've traced my roots to William the Conquerer and even Charlemagne.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought we were all related. Adam and Eve and all that. [/creationist]

Draft saved Draft deleted