1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Americans on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 16, 2013.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But how were the pictures of Paige and Henry obtained? Were they regular photos that were manipulated (with 1987 technology)?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, the no drinks thing bothered me too.

3. Steak Snabler

Someone finally clipped the train scene and put it on YouTube:

And here's the full "With or Without You" montage:

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Me, too.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

*Maybe* Paige brought them back to the car for him before the food was ready, since she went in to use the bathroom while Philip discussed possibly staying behind in the U.S. for Henry.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  7. Steak Snabler

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

According to this story, it was in Staten Island.

Steak Snabler likes this.
  9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Keri Russell's reaction combined with that music drop-in was perfection.

Dyno likes this.
  10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Also: Listening to Alan Sepinwall and Brian Grubb's (final) podcast, Sepinwall said they originally were going to use "American Pie" for the montage until they got late clearance to use U2. But it's all shot with them thinking they'd be using "American Pie."

lcjjdnh likes this.
  11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I just watched the final three episodes, which were sitting on my DVR for a while. I thought this would have been a much better ending. Stan demanding them to stop in the parking lot, and Phillip sacrificing himself in a struggle so Paige and Elizabeth could get away.

It would have made the Paige exit from the train that much more devastating, too, because Elizabeth would have been truly alone.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Renee is not a spy. She's trying to join the FBI, but . . .

In the Season 2 finale, Claudia is explaining the "second-generation of illegals" idea to Phillip and Elizabeth.

"You do tremendous work, but your cover would never hold up to the type of background investigation required to join the CIA or FBI. However, one of your children, born to an American citizen, would pass one of these investigations."

Gutter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted