1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Americans on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 16, 2013.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

In Elizabeths mind it was all done IF Gorbys man was trading dead hand.

When she heard the tape and knew he wasnt, it became clear to her it was a coup. Before that, I guess, she believed the general at face value

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Especially since she hadn't listened to the recording yet.

Did one of Erica's last directives (along with Philip's confession) finally strike a cord with her to start questioning things a bit more?

"You don't know what you see until you need to bring yourself into it.
    "If you don't, what is the point? But if you do you do, there's a moment when it's not you seeing it, it's I don't know, it's a something come [GASPS] something comes through.
    "You need to bring all yourself to it.
    "And then they'll let you get out of get out of your own way."​

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting about Dead Hand. During that whole meeting in Mexico all I could think of was, "Is Elizabeth really going to speak Russian now? I double-dog dare you!"

Killing the intern would have made sense, however, outside of any mission parameters. He was a shaken man who likely is going to go to authorities about what he's seen/done. Killing him would have simply been a means for Elizabeth to protect herself. That's understandable.

When the intern said, "I don't understand," I thought for sure he was a goner.

Gutter likes this.
  4. JimmyHoward33

I was stunned she didn't kill him and took it as a sign she was really shaken up by the conversation with Phillip

5. BTExpress

I actually like that. Solves the problem of Renee getting access to the FBI so late in the game as far as affecting current operations. Reminds me of that Ray Bradbury story "Marionettes, Inc."

I had another thought re: the title of this week's episode. We know the KGB typically used very young children who had died for their aliases (because the kids had little history). That works fine 99 percent of the time. You can have a SS number, passport, driver's license, etc., all the stuff needed to get by in a normal daily routine.

However, I'm curious how the alias holds up once the FBI has a name and decides to really do some digging. Perhaps Stan is ready to do some serious digging on "Jennings, Elizabeth."

6. JimmyHoward33

Havent watched tonights epp yet but just has this revelation.....did Phillips son that was supposed to be coming to find him just disappear? Get lost in the time jump?

7. BTExpress

Gabriel told him to go back home, IIRC, that meeting Philip was not going to happen.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So the finale's going to be one long chase scene, looks like.

And poor Oleg. I actually think he was one of the more honorable characters in the entire show.

9. BTExpress

Oleg to Stan: "Can you get that into your thick head?”

I feel for ya, Oleg. :)

Next week's preview showed Paige with them. What for? She has nothing to run from. And she's certainly at the point where she can say, "Da svidaniya. Be sure to write from whatever Soviet city you wind up living in."

10. JimmyHoward33

I guess I assumed Mischa would ignore Gabriel and be a factor this season but completely forgot about it....

They neeed to scoop up Paige. She’d fold under questioning so fast, admit to everything with Claudia and be locked away

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I know the show has probably run its course with the way they did it, but makes me no less bummed tonight is the final episode. But at least it's 90 minutes instead of 60 (minus commercials).

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted