1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Americans on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Of course, but that is true of almost all things depicted on film and television.
    Sports, media, entertainment, politics, law enforcement - there are long periods of grinding routine interspersed with short bursts of activity and interest that make them seem like 'glamorous' subjects.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm getting more and more concerned that the show that I fell in love with for its bold plot development is going to fall back on the modern bullshit "nothing really changes or is solved because that's how life is" ending.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Elizabeth or Phillip (or Paige!) has to die.

Elizabeth is the overwhelming favorite, but would be a cliché (yawn, evil Russkie dies. We win!). Only way that would be interesting is if Phillip kills her.

So far this season her body count is at five, and she's no closer to getting the radiation sensor or sabotaging the nuclear talks than she was at the beginning. I have no clue what she hopes to accomplish with Haskard.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It seems like the only reason the Mr. and Mrs. Teacup storyline matters is if it is foreshadowing for what could happen to the Jennings.

Maybe a fate worse than death is the family split up for good.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It matters a lot if it gets Stan to realize what the hell been going on next door, pulls him back into counter intelligence, etc

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I guess that’s true. I’ve been locked in on the idea Oleg is going to lead Stan to Philip.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

She's at five? I've only noted three. I must be forgetting some.
    She's definitely got a good pace going, though.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I count 6.

- Navy security officer
    - Rennhull
    - Warehouse supervisor
    - Three security guards at the shipping warehouse (going to assume they were killed)

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was counting the first three.
    I wasn't sure about the activity at the warehouse. The damn scene was so dark I could only get a general sense of what was occurring. I wasn't sure if anyone was actually killed.

10. BTExpress

Sepinwall had to contact the network and ask, "OK, so what happened at the warehouse?" He wasn't even sure whether they were able to get the sensor just by watching.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I knew she didn't get the sensor, but it was a ridiculous scene because it was too dark.

It was like Kramer's glass coffee table - you just have to sense it.
    And we all know how that turned out ...

12. BTExpress

It's just that he (we) is so conditioned to hearing Elizabeth lie to Paige that he wanted to make sure she wasn't lying when she told Paige she didn't get what she went for.

Draft saved Draft deleted