1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Americans on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This show is > 'Game of Thrones' and much, much > than 'The Walking Dead.'

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think it's one of the best shows on TV, but I watch each episode with such a feeling of dread.

LongTimeListener, Dyno and sgreenwell like this.
  3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Stan, FTW ...

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The good news: Last night's episode was longer than normal at 1 hour, 11 minutes.

The bad news: They filled that extra time with people digging a hole in silence.

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Felt like an insane amount of commercials too. I'd guess that of those extra 11-15 minutes, only 4-6 was content.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The hole digging scene was so dark that I didn't realize that Hans was the one who met his unfortunate end until I read Sepinwall's review.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I liked the way she just pulled out a gun and shot him in the head, as ordinary as taking a leak first thing in the morning. No big deal.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I tried it again last night and lasted a half-hour. I spend too much time trying to figure out just what's happening.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Stan's in love. He'll be useless to the FBI this season.

The last name they're using as Tuan's parents: Eckert.

I hear that name, I recall Tom Eckert. From the movie released in (of course) 1984.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I've watched it live, so I wouldn't go back and do this, but it seems like a perfect show for binge watching. I definitely forget tons of stuff between seasons that I think I'd remember if the "seasons" only lasted two weeks and came rapid-fire one after the other.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It is great for binge watching. I watched the entire Season 4 on airplanes over the past two weeks. I picked up on a few details and subtle items I missed first time around.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I binge watched seasons 2-4 over about three weeks. Helped a lot, but I had to go back and watch season to pick up some details.

It is very good for binge watching as it has smaller or minor story arcs throughout the season along with the big one.. Binging helps to keep everything together. The surviving by the skin of their teeth aspect can get repetitive when you binge, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted