1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Americans on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 16, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think any of the main cast - Rhys, Russell, Holly Taylor, Noah - would be fine nominees. Plus, then you have the deep bench of character actors, like Dylan Baker, Langella, etc. Pretty much everyone on the show is perfectly cast.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Somebody has been watching too much "Red Dawn."

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Not possible.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Philip could then stand at the fence and scream "AVENGE ME!!!!" a la Harry Dean Stanton.

5. BTExpress

Season 5 premiers on March 7, moves to Tuesdays.

No word on whether a young Donald Trump has a cameo role.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

BTE, I'm more interested in which character is the dramatization of you. :)

Can't wait for the show though. I was wondering if I had somehow missed the start of the season.

SnarkShark likes this.
  7. BTExpress

I was taking Elementary Russian at Univ. of Tennessee in 1983. Was so nervous about it that I took it pass/fail (so as not to hurt by GPA). Turns out I had a YUGE advantage on the rest of the class as I already was familiar with the Cyrillic alphabet.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Season 5 trailer out:

9. BTExpress

10. BTExpress

Two days away (remember, it's on Tuesdays this year).

Is this the season Henry finds out?
    Will Stan's son get Paige pregnant?
    Has the rezidentura gone kablooey with all the departures, or will they bring in new characters?

One shift: The show is actually following Oleg to the Soviet Union.

Season 5 of “The Americans” is going to “really reach a crisis point,” promise producers

Episoide 11 is called "Dyatkovo", which is a small town near the western border of Russia. I can find no evidence that this place has or had any strategic importance. It has a famous glass and crystal factory.

And finally, this quote from exec. prod. Joel Fields, which I should add to my sj.com signature:

“The minute we don’t see our enemies as human beings, we diminish our ability to react fully to the truth of what’s going on.”

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I know several American guys who go all in on the Asian experience. Learn the language, marry an Asian girl, obsess over anime, etc.

I've never encountered the Russian version until you.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've also felt it was a finely acted show. But it lost me sometime during Season 3 when there was just too much going on. It became convoluted.

I do feel some pangs of regret when I see trailers now, because like I say, it is good.

Draft saved Draft deleted