1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Americans on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 16, 2013.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

The FBI agent living across the street was the doctor at the Atlanta CDC in Season 1 of Walking Dead.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you live in and around DC in a nice neighborhood, having an FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, Armed Forces, etc... higher up down the street from you is not a stretch at all. They are everywhere.

I liked the second episode a lot more than the third, especially the way the maid reacted.. It's the natural way many people would react. I also wonder about the reaction of the husband when he finds out about the person that died at the end of the third episode.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Guess that depends on your definition of hooked, Mr. Semantics. I mean...I'm hooked in that I really like it and still want to keep watching future episodes. But I'm not so hooked that I watch it live every week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like it so far. Always had a thing for Keri Russell, so that helps.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Noah Emmerich. Character actor who has been in a ton of good films (Beautiful Girls, Cop Land, Little Children, Miracle).

You're right there. He's clearly more in love with his "wife" than he is with the "cause."

---

I'm really digging this show so far as well. I just hope it doesn't do like Homeland and go totally off the rails once it gets renewed.

6. 93Devil

Don't f with the women in Phillip's life. That's the line he has drawn.

7. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Pass you DVD to me... I wanted to DVD it but my family dominates tv that night.

8. 93Devil

You might want to check the "r" key as well.

9. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Damn spell predicting son of a bitch iPad. When I look at the keys as I touching them I see little reason to spell check.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And Craig Patrick in Miracle.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I dig the spy genre, but I'm having a really hard time getting into this show. Even with Keri Russell. For whatever reason, I'm not all that fired up about rehashing the old enemy story lines any more. Watched the pilot of Zero Hour last night and thought it was complete dreck, pretty much for the same reason. We've been oversaturated with battles against the Nazis.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Really like this show (growing up in the '80s perhaps helps, I don't know), although Phillip's fro is a bit disconcerting.

Having a kid like to play hockey could be a direct result off the Miracle on Ice. I have to imagine the sport got a bit of a lift after the 1980 games.

Also like the fact that it was created by an ex-CIA guy. Gives it some credence, IMO.

Draft saved Draft deleted