1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 27, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You know you're in trouble when you're the only one who takes one part of the detour.

I'm torn between rooting for the Globetrotters (who are awesome) and the interracial couple (who are very sweet. Picking the zebra for the detour was great).

Solid episode. The only thing I didn't like was that the yoga douches survived. Talk about assholes.

2. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

bumpy, I'm sorry, but I seriously hate your team and am wishing for them to go with everything I have.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The yoga couple was out before they even left the departure point of the first episode. Unless Lance does yoga and I just missed it.

4. schiezainc

The lawyer douche and his poor girlfriend made reference to doing yoga IIRC, he said it helped make them stronger than any other team. I kind of associated them with being the yoga couple. I could be mistaken though.

Either way, Douchey Mcdoucherson and Mrs. Mcdoucherson need to go, pronto. I'm sick of them arguing.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

sweet? she was pretty bitchy in the 1st episode

6. schiezainc

Yeah, but you'd be bitchy in those circumstances too. White dude was killing them with that wasabi eating. Still, she seems to have gotten over it and they were very sweet to each other last night so, until the bitchiness comes back, I like this girl.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Schieza just doesn't see the world through the same prism as regular people. That woman is a nightmare.

8. schiezainc

?

She wasn't that bad last night, was she? I thought she was sweet. Maybe it's just because I love me some chocolate with a vanilla swirl. :)

9. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

the only good thing about my team is i wont be upset when my team is eliminated. what a douche.
    i did decide to tie a doo rag around my bicep though in douche solidarity.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The older couple actually did well by picking that detour, I think. And they did OK finding the letters they needed, too. They probably would've ended up in about fifth or sixth place if they hadn't spent so much time trying to figure out the right word (which could have been anything) in a language they didn't know.

They should've been asking Vietnamese people what word the letters could've made just as soon as they had all the letters, instead of spending seemingly a lot of time looking around at random signs and things for possibilities.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

How do contestants on this show continue to lose their passports? I hope Zev and Justin find theirs. They were my early favorite team.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Now I feel bad for jinxing those guys by having them as my team. Sorry guys for getting you wrapped up in my fantasy misfortunes. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted