1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 27, 2009.

1. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I'm down for whatever (which can also be read as "I have no original ideas").

I'm just happy to be playing.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I'm just happy to be here. Hope I can help the game.
    I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Let's keep it simple. Something like 10 points for winning each week and a 10-point bonus for the winner -- plus a trip from Travelocity

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Since I'm Internet-less, I'll jump in late with my thoughts.

First of all, THANK YOU FOR THE TWO-HOUR PREMIERE! I don't get enough TAR. They did two-hour premieres and finales and then they just stopped and it sort-of sucked....so the two-hour premiere rocked.

I love the Globetrotters already. They crack me up. I wonder if the organization made them go by their Trotter names or what, because Phil goofed at the second mat and called them by their real names.

Also, if I had been Jessica, I'd have been concerned about Garrett's 'tude at the mat. Uncalled for, dude. Calm the hell down.

Zev rules.

I hope the "street lawyer" (code name: douchenozzle) gets the boot soon. I already hated him when he was introducing himself and he started talking over his girlfriend. Pet peeve, let the girl talk.

They were really creative this leg: finding a way to get everyone on the flight to Vietnam, getting that bus to leave early by buying up the rest of the tickets...smooth moves. We haz ourselves some smart racers.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, here's what we're going with:

Winner of each leg gets a 10-point bonus, and in addition, the same number of points as there are teams left. So this week, they'd get 20 (10+10). It counts down one from there. Second place team gets 9, etc.

ALSO, I will be giving a 5-point deduction to any team for every 30 minutes of penalties. That way, if they get speed bumped or something they don't get penalized for something that wasn't their fault. Penalties come when teams cheat, so I felt better penalizing for that. So if they get a 30-minute penalty...minus 5 points. If they get a 2-hour penalty...20 points.

I put all our names in a hat and drew them out to determine who would pick their teams first. I then put the team names in the hat and drew those out, assigning them to posters in the order they were drawn.

So...

JayFarrar: Sam/Dan, the gay brothers
    Iron Chet: Marcy/Ron, the old folks
    schieza: Meghan/Cheyne, the blonde lovers
    bumpy: Lance/Keri, the douchebag guy and his poor gf
    IJAG: Maria/Tiffany, the stupid fucking poker players (that's how you know this isn't rigged)
    BNWriter: Herbert/Nathaniel, the Globetrotters
    Storm Surge: Zev/Justin, the Asperger's guy and his friend
    MTM: Gary/Matt, the father/son team
    ADodgen: Mika/Canaan, the virginal southern couple
    sportsguydave: Brian/Ericka, the interracial couple, former Miss America

So there you go. You've got your teams. Let's get to The Amazing Race!

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Sorry IJAG, gotta root for your team to go out this week, or next after bumpy's Lance/Keri.
    I'm happy with Gary/Matt, although the parent/child teams never win.

7. imjustagirl

I wanted them in this order:
    Globetrotters
    Gary/Matt
    Zev/friend
    Satan/Bin Laden
    Brady Quinn/Derek Anderson
    the poker players.

:( :( :(

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Thanks for setting this up IJAG! Go Team Zev!

9. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I'm very happy with what I got. I love the interracial couple.

10. imjustagirl

Standings after week 1 of the pool:

BNWriter: 20 points
    schieza: 9
    MTM: 8
    sportsguydave: 7
    JayFarrar: 6
    IJAG: 5
    ADodgen: 4
    Storm Surge: 3
    bumpy: 2
    Iron Chet: 1 and eliminated

Notes on the show: Holy crap is Lance the Jonathan of this season. What a jackass.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I like the Globetrotters even more. There's no way I could have started the race just 2 days after my dad died. Wow.

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Out before I had a chance to cheer for the oldsters!

Those word challenges always seem to take longer than they should.

Damn.

Draft saved Draft deleted