1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 27, 2009.

1. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

You are a stellar person.

And about the time I started watching that last 15 minutes of 60 Minutes was when I remembered that I should have taped whatever came on after. Fail.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Seems like whenever you're described as the on again off again couple, or basing your relationship on the success you have in the race you might as well wear a sign that says 'we're going home early.'

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're No. 8!

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Can I be No. 9 or No. 10 if it No. 9 is already taken?
    Love me some Amazing Race.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Should we keep this simple, with the winner simply being the owner of the winning team or should we give points for all kinds of stuff? (Winning legs, being yielded, place of finish per week, etc.)?

6. imjustagirl

You're No. 9, Jay. One more!

Once we set it up, we can try to figure out points. I was just thinking winning team, but I think even if we just did something basic like 10 points for winning, nine for second, 8 for third, etc. for each leg (obviously 9 for winning next leg, or whatever) with a 10-point bonus for winning overall. But I'm down for a discussion. What do you guys think?

7. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I'll play if you still need someone.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I figure the more chances to earn points, the more interest we'd have.

9. imjustagirl

OK, I think that's our 10.

1. Me
    2. Stormy
    3. bumpy
    4. schieza
    5. sportsguydave
    6. Iron Chet
    7. MTM
    8. BNWriter
    9. Jay Farrar
    10. ADodgen

Do any of you guys have any preferences for how we set this up? Float ideas for points (don't do anything too hard, I'm kind of stupid :D) and we'll figure it out.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Go with what you think works!

I like the points for each leg, with the bonus for winning it all. Someone smarter than me will come up with other point ideas.

11. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

We filled two hats - one with actual racers and one with people in the pool and picked from them simultaneously. $5 to enter. Winner gets $50. Second place and 12th place each got $5.

12. imjustagirl

I don't think money would work on here, but that's a kick-ass idea for real life. Maybe I'll try to start one for next season in my real life.

Draft saved Draft deleted