1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

BJ and Tyler from a few seasons back swam through the Japan leg because BJ was fluent in Japanese. I remember other teams getting rather ticked because "they had an advantage." And yet, wasn't there a team this season who thought Spanish was spoken in the Netherlands or something? Or was it Dubai? (I believe that was the brothers too.)

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Last season you had the Chinese brother and sister and they cruised through the China portion of the race. Seems like it was noted then that it was an unfair advantage by the other teams.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Miss America thinks she and hubby were shafted by the chip counter...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091207/ENTERTAINMENT12/91207078/Ericka+Dunlap+says+counting+error+might+have+cost+her+‘Amazing+Race’+win

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

The thing is, those legs are plotted well in advance, and the producers cannot assume that a team that might have an "advantage" - which in the case of language skills in particular, is a bullshit argument; as if BJ learned Japanese on the off chance that he might one day appear on a reality-competition show and would end up utilizing that skill; same goes for Victor and Tammy knowing Mandarin. What if they'd spoken Cantonese instead? - would end up advancing far enough in the Race to make that knowledge useful.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Loved this part of the story:

"Now that it’s over, (Miss America) is excited to get back to Nashville and finish up her first country music CD."

Wow, can I go ahead and preorder that now?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yes, yes you can. It will also be playing in Hell's waiting room, so you can give it a listen anytime you please.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I believe the CD is titled "BRIAN!!! THEY'RE TAKING OUR CAB!!!!"

Tracks have not been confirmed yet but be on the lookout for "AHHH!!!" and "I CAN'T DO THIS!!!!" and, if you order now, you'll get two versions of the first single "SHUT UP!!! I'M TRYING!!!"

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

That is great

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

miss america = still a bitch

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Nicely done.

11. highlander

highlander Member

I swear I was watching the finale and when the panned over their chips one of the reds stacks was a chip short. It just appeared uneven from the rest.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It was laughable watching everyone try and figure out the Monte Carlo was the hotel they needed. Even Megan and Cheyne didn't believe it when the guys at whatever hotel they ended up at told that's what they were looking for. Still, they were deserving winners, easily the strongest team from wire to wire.

And what the fuck has Wayne Newton done to himself. Don't think I had seen him since Ford Fairlane.

Draft saved Draft deleted