1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 27, 2009.

1. baskethead

baskethead Member

My 2-year-old son took one look at the yoga couple and said, "Two ladies."

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I didn't think doing that really added anything much to the show, and I didn't like that they actually eliminated a team right off. In that case, it's like, what was the point of even bring them out there?

I would have rather seen the lost-out team get saddled with a task that only they had to perform on the first leg, a la the team that finishes last in a non-elimination week.

What I did like about that immediate first challenge, though, was the appropriateness of the message in it.

It was a last, devastatingly effective (I hope) reminder to the competitors to fully read, and pay attention to, the clues. We'll see if they take heed and do it, from here on out.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

While they've both done well in the WSOP ME, they don't "make a lot of money" as they claimed.

After all, they're trying to split $1m by winning and it'll take them damn near a month to win it. If they were making "a lot of money" at the tables, they couldn't (and wouldn't) want to be away from the cards that long.

Sure, the TV exposure might help their endorsements. But when doing the ROI, a good professional poker player doesn't leave the game for a month.

4. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

So far Zev and his partner are my early faves. They're funny together and seem like a good team.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Zev seems like a cool guy, will be interesting to see if the Trotters get any benefit overseas.
    I too did not like the poker players.
    I also don't like the "two hour penalty" that occurs before that days leg begins.
    There's no point in having someone start two hours later due to travel delays and opening delays, put it at the end of the leg.
    Also, what's a street lawyer and does TRA test for HGH?

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I like the Globetrotters. They're calm and having fun. Miss America's white thong was showing when she was herding the ducks. I think the pageant people would frown on that.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Only Jay Mariotti could root against the Globetrotters.
    Funny how each team feels they have to have a "special attribute" that will make them successful - whether it's faith, attitude or physical skill - seems an ability to communicate isn't one of them.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was wondering how the poker players served a two-hour penalty, but still arrived at the airport ticket window at the same time as two other teams.
    And their speed bump was ridiculous. It cost them all of about two minutes.

9. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I have Matt and Gary in my Amazing Race pool and pink hair aside they seem kind of likable.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I wish I'd thought of an Amazing Race pool. Maybe we could do on one here. Anyone up? We can just do the 10 teams left.

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I'm game.

How should it work? Hopefully 10 of us sign up, one poster assigns a number to our participants & another assigns a number to the racers?

12. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

that works for me, ill jump in

Draft saved Draft deleted