1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 27, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I had NO idea it started tonight. Globetrotters!

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

when did bitchiness become one of the categories for the miss america pageant?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love that the lying poker players were called on it within like 20 minutes. :D

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Unfortunately, the lying poker players advance. :(

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Part of me figured the yoga folks would be the first ones out, because you would have to probably base some of the commercials on them, right?

I'm surprised they didn't spend that much time in Japan, and not at all surprised they went to Vietnam. I bet India's on the itinerary as well. They love throwing people out of their element down there.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I liked the first episode, though there aren't many teams I'm rooting for right now.

I like the Globetrotter guys and think Zev has a chance to be a real good story but, other than that, I'm not too invested with these other dudes and dudettes yet.

Oh and the poker players are F-N annoying. Can't wait for them to get booted out.

One last note: Anyone else think the whole 'eliminated before the first leg' thing sucked? I like Survivor and TAR more when it seems the shows stay completely out of the way of who wins and loses. This felt cheap and I felt really bad for the first couple knocked out. All because they couldn't find a license plate? Really?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This is one reality show I would LOVE to be on (OK, I'd go on Survivor, too, but I think that show would be so much cooler if they actually had to hunt and/or gather their own food for real ... none of these food challenges every damn week).

My friend and I made a tape and sent it in a few years ago. I'm still awaiting in their call. :D

8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I thought eliminating a team before even leaving the starting point was an interesting twist.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

It kind of reminds me of when they eliminated the two devout Muslim folks in like, say, the fifth season, midway through the first leg.

They were pissed, as they probably should have been. But I really wanted to see how they would have gone about praying five times a day in the middle of the race as they said they would have.

10. Good first episode. Hard not to root for Zev, he's awesome.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was cool that a competition determined it, unlike the couple times they've done it on Survivor when it's been almost completely random.

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure homeless people everywhere would appreciate those highly successful girls who "make a lot of money" at what they do invoking them in the lie to make it sound like they're noble and doing something special on behalf of the homeless.

Makes me sick when/that people do things like that in the name of their own desire to win a million bucks for themselves, not to help anybody else.

Draft saved Draft deleted