1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race (Season 16)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 7, 2010.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

BNWriter wants in!

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

ill jump in.
    also, good to see they went to a spanish speaking country first and got all the rapidos out of the way early.

3. highlander

highlander Member

I'd like in this contest too. What do I need to do?

4. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Is there still room for another? I want in.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Plenty of room.

highlander, I'll do a blind draw pairing each SportsJournalists.com entrant with a team on TAR16. Each week, the team that arrives first gets a 10 point bonus, plus a point for every team remaining. The other teams get points for what place they finished. So if there are 10 teams left, the winning team gets 20 points, the second place team gets 9, etc. the last-place team gets 1 point. The end. Easy. I count it all up.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I didn't realize it was that easy. I want in!

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

8. imjustagirl

I only saw the last 20 minutes of the show, and couldn't remember how many teams started. Did they finish with 9 or 10 teams still alive?

We have 7 people for the pool. I'll save a spot for schieza, as the defending champ. So that leaves 1-2 spots.

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

They started with 11 teams. I'd take a spot in the pool, but I have reasonably good intel about which team wins, so I'll leave y'all to it. :)

10. imjustagirl

I knew they started with 11. I didn't know if they did the instant elimination like they did in season 15, leaving them with 9 now, or if they didn't so the 11th place team was eliminated and there are 10 remaining.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm in if there's still room.

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

10 teams remaining. Everybody at least got out of the States.

Draft saved Draft deleted