1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race (Season 16)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

New season debuts next Sunday.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/bio/index.php?season=16

Ads on Super Bowl pregame feature the Miss Teen USA girl who said ...

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

her boyfriend is a model? gee, someone lowered the male model bar.

3. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Excited for Jeff and Jordan (from BB12), but I don't think I can force myself to watch this every week. I just don't have the same love for it like others do.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Ummmm....

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/bio/carol_and_brandy_16/bio.php

That seems a BIT personal. :D

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm excited for the cowboys. I'm pretty sure I've seen Cord McCoy on the rodeo circuit.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was pulling for Steve Smith, since he's an Indians coach, but this concerns me.

7. Wenders

Another concern would be her biggest challenge: "Not having mom around. She does everything for us"

Also, the grandma who is a 71-year-old personal trainer who lists triathlons as her hobby seems pretty badass. Her and her granddaughter seem to be the most well-travelled as well.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pumped. As usual.

9. I love TAR but some of the stunt casting worries me a bit. But I believe that Bertrand and Co. will still put out a good show nonetheless.

And I still want to run the race one of these days ... I'm sure my paper would be willing to let me run around the world for a month, right?

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I was planning to take this season off from watching, but Miss South Carolina being on makes me rethink.

11. Wenders

I would *love* to do the race with either my dad or my friend Rachel, but the whole missing work thing might be a slight issue.....

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

My early money goes to Carol and Brandy based on looks alone. I figure the show has to EVENTUALLY be won by an all woman team, right?

EDIT-- Scratch that, I'm rooting for either Louie and Michael or Dan and Jordan. The first group is from Providence, Rhode Island (My hometown), the second is from Barrington, Rhode Island (20 minutes away).

Love that my small ass state has TWO teams competing on TAR this year though I wonder if this will hurt my chances when I enter with my wife-to-be someday.

Draft saved Draft deleted